Lemon and Coconut Yoghurt Tart
Let’s get spoiled today with Lemon and Coconut Yoghurt Tarte
This beautiful cake is been prepared by Mark, one of our past student’s who shared with us the photo of a final dish. We are so pleased to see how he cultivates his passion to cooking using the skills and recipes he honed in our kitchen
Check out our calendar for upcoming classes and hone your skills HERE
Makes: 1 cake
Ingredients – Base
200 grams desiccated coconut
125 grams’ coconut oil melted
Ingredients – Topping
5 leaves gelatine
500 grams natural yoghurt
200 grams caster sugar
Zest and juice of two lemons
250 grams coconut milk
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
Desiccated coconut to top the cake
- Place the desiccated coconut into a bowl and mix with the coconut oil to a thick crumbly paste or cake into a blender and mix to coarse crumbs.
- Line a cake ring with baking paper and press the crumbs into the mould and press firmly so the you have a compact and firm cake base, chill.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water and once soft squeeze out as much water out as possible. Heat the lemon juice and dissolve the gelatine into it.
- Place the yoghurt, sugar, vanilla essence, lemon zest in a bowl and mix well – then mix the gelatine through.
- Whisk the coconut milk and pour the mix onto the cake crumbs.
- Chill in the fridge until the gelatine has set.
- Dust the tarte with the desiccated coconut and if you like garnish with some paper-thin lemon slices in the centre of the cake.